Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Righteous Retribution


How to endure evil attacks and insults.

My way: Counter-attack with the full arsenal of my wrath!
God's way: Counter-attack with the full arsenal of God's grace!

Jesus invites His followers to live an abundant, grace-filled life, traveling the high road!

If I am going to follow Jesus, then I must follow His example in suffering, even when being assualted by evil and insults! 

*The Apostle Peter instructs us, in this matter, this way... If I want to live blessed, love life and see good days, then I must:

1. I must turn from evil, to do good.
Simple to say, not easy to do. Make your choice. Follow Jesus.

2. I must repay evil with blessing.
Simple to say, hard to do! Before I feel like it... Before they deserve it... I bless! I bless with my words. I bless with my actions. [Like Jesus]. I forgive. I pray for them. I find ways to serve them.

3. I must seek peace and pursue it.
"Peace" should be the goal for all our relationships! And when someone is attacking me, I need to purposefully work towards restoring peace in that relationship. And as a follower of Jesus, I should be the one actively and intentionally taking steps to make that happen. I initiate peace.


How do you handle personal attacks?


No comments: